Oh to be lovely and inspiring at the same time…
Last weekend I came across two surprises on my About Me page. Someone had stopped by in June and again in July and presented me with two awards! What a wonderful and unexpected surprise! 🙂
I have been given the Inspiring Blog Award and the One Lovely Blog Award by DaphneShadows. Thank you thank you, Daphne! I am so pleased that you enjoy my blog.
Please take a moment to visit her blog by clicking here.
I am going to follow Daphne’s lead and combine the rule of the two awards since they are almost the same.
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. Done and done!
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs that inspire you and let them know in a comment on their blog. (YIKES! 15!?)
OK… here it goes!
Seven Things About Me
- When life gets stressful, I escape with children’s fiction.
- I hate flying and tend to travel only close to home.
- I often talk to myself.
- I am addicted to Good and Plenty candy.
- I used to sing in the shower but now I seem to have misplaced my voice. (need to work on that!)
- I believe in the therapeutic benefits of a nap- as often as possible.
- I expect perfection from myself but can forgive others for imperfections. (need to work on that, too!)
Fifteen Blogs that Inspire Me/Are Lovely
- The Writing Blues a blog about writing (surprise, surprise!) 🙂
- Daphne Shadows – blogaward-giver extraordinaire!
- Serious Pixie with links to her “Writers Don’t Cry” advice column on Amazon.
- Writing Under Pressure by Christi Craig on writing
- Wordswimmer by Bruce Black – combining writing, yoga and life.
- Roots of She by Jenn Gibson – gives me courage to be myself.
- Write Naked by Hannah Goodman blogs about writing and teaching writing
- Mobyjoe Cafe – writing and life and inspiration
- Jeff Goins Writer – a kick in the butt
- The Write Practice – informative and idea generating site run by Joe, Liz and guest posters
- Purpose Fairy – how to live an inspired life!
- peace.love.free – very inspiring writing
- Writing Our Way Home – by Fiona and Kaspa – More about finding contentment and joy than writing
- Judy Lee Dunn blogs about writing and blogging.
- The Creative Juicer by Emily Wenstrom blogs about creativity and writing
Phew! That was tough to narrow down. There are so many wonderful blogs that I have come across in the last six months. Thank you to all of the above bloggers for inspiring me on a daily basis!